Okay. I went in knowing it would be rough. I still get that. But right now I am so overwhelmed. I was chewed out today because all of my PATHWISE forms weren't turned in with the rest of my initial observation stuff-well, sorry! I asked two weeks ago what was supposed to be turned in with it, and I didn't get an answer until 1:30 yesterday. My planning period is 3rd period, during which I worked on PATHWISE forms, but you need about a week to fill it all out and I can't just let my 7th graders chill out while I fill out forms. A fight breaks out in my class and the two boys get 1 day of detention--I am one day late turning in a stack of tedious forms, that they don't specify until the last minute and I end up in tears all the way home.
I almost didn't get out of bed this morning. My husband practically had to drag me out--finally, after pulling out clothes for me that didn't match, trying to 'help' did I get angry enough to get out of bed.
I've had it. I'm past drowning in paperwork and discipline-it has consumed my entire life. Talk about teacher burnout. I've got enough for a bonfire.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment