Friday, November 14, 2008

Pregnancy and Teaching

Whatever made me think I could teach, do MAT, and be a wife and mom all at the same time...yeah, still haven't figured that one out. So to make my life easier...I'm throwing pregnancy into the mix. I'm almost 10 weeks, so I'm really hoping that the morning sickness and constant exhaustion slacks off a little soon. It didn't with Olivia, but, you know, I can dream. I have discovered two things that seem to make it easier to get through the day however. The first is Powerade-blue only. I drink one of the 32 oz. Powerades everyday between 1st period and lunch. Supposedly B6 helps, and it's in there...who knows? The second thing is my 6th period class...

Bless their precious little hearts-there are only 7 in that class so we are a little more relaxed anyways. But those 7-they are a handful when they get going. Since they found out I'm not alone, they are so protective! They jump on other students for misbehaving in my class- "Don't you know high blood pressure is bad for her baby!" It's hilarious! They have also learned that at 1:15 every single day I am going to yawn and stop talking for just a minute. It must be funny to see-I stop, yawn, take a couple of deep breaths, and seven heads turn to make sure I'm on schedule (it's also their half way shot-their class ends at 1:35). Most of my classes would be out of control in the one minute I need to recharge, but these kids are like my little protective guardian angels. They sit there good as gold, waiting for me, then at 1:36 I'm good for the rest of the day and we keep going. Anyone who walked in would think they had walked into the Twilight Zone (these kids usually spend a great deal of time with the principal). But it's all part of the day for my 6th period.

1 comment:

Sally said...

That's awesome. My good friend just had a baby and her weapon for nausea was a preggy pop. I don't know much about them. I think they're little suckers that help with that. She swears by them. She said she bought them at Brookshire's. Maybe you can Google them.